主题位置 水上运动 » 论坛 » 水上运动 » 精华和推荐 » 一个老外的航海世界(7月启航,你在哪里?成员召集!!!) 63
旧帖 2009-10-16 15:48:13
Post #28
Re: 一个老外的航海世界

工兵pro 离线 工兵pro

aluminium boat, really intriguing
how could you fix these panels into a whole body? do you need welding?

----------------------------------------
会心处不必在远MSN群失效中请加group503641@msnzone.cn 新建qq群185570958

旧帖 2009-10-16 23:30:08
Post #29

Trawler 离线 Trawler
zeyang wrote:
Im making the whole boat in aluminium (8 mm plates) it will be superstrong. I will replace the wood inside also with aluminium. Hopefully finish this step in 2 months.
I dont like to end up on the bottom of the sea so boat will be very strong!

zeyang

Wow!  Very interesting process.  8MM aloy hull plate for this size boat is real superstrong.  R u using 5K series aloy plate? You will need a very good welding machine and welder to do this job.
Why don't u build the frame in aluminium to save you time and money? I though you will going to build the boat in lumber?

旧帖 2009-10-17 01:38:45
Post #30

行走66 离线 行走66 tonguetongue
如果有机会在暑假或者寒假期间路过广西的海岸线,倒是可以考虑一起航海一段时间哦~!呵呵:)

BLOG: http://hi.baidu.com/walk66

旧帖 2009-10-18 01:01:44
Post #31

zeyang 离线 zeyang
Trawler wrote:
Wow!  Very interesting process.  8MM aloy hull plate for this size boat is real superstrong.  R u using 5K series aloy plate? You will need a very good welding machine and welder to do this job.
Why don't u build the frame in aluminium to save you time and money? I though you will going to build the boat in lumber?

The wood frames are only templates they will be replaced with t-bar aluminium forms each 60 cm.
Im using 5081 8mm for the hull. im welding using a 250 Ah Lincoln TIG-welding machine and a Lincon 450 Ah Mig machine.

if you are curious you can see the link here.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=29094&page=7

zeyang

旧帖 2009-10-18 23:40:33
Post #32

zeyang 离线 zeyang
zeyang wrote:
The wood frames are only templates they will be replaced with t-bar aluminium forms each 60 cm.
Im using 5081 8mm for the hull. im welding using a 250 Ah Lincoln TIG-welding machine and a Lincon 450 Ah Mig machine.

if you are curious you can see the link here.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=29094&page=7

zeyang

Also some pics at http://blog.sina.com.cn/gosailingba

旧帖 2009-10-22 14:51:20
Post #33

zeyang 离线 zeyang Finished plank 11. 4 more to go.

旧帖 2009-10-22 21:09:06
Post #34

begun 离线 begun

旧帖 2009-10-23 03:29:02
Post #35

zeyang 离线 zeyang frames :-)

The reason for not weld the frame to the hull is to avoid "starve-horse" look. Sometimes you can see the frames through the hull due to welding distortion.

旧帖 2009-10-28 16:07:04
Post #36

TSUNAM1 离线 TSUNAM1 NICE WORK.aluminium BETTER OR FIBER GLASS?

旧帖 2009-11-02 17:07:27
Post #37

zeyang 离线 zeyang

旧帖 2009-11-02 17:09:26
Post #38

zeyang 离线 zeyang Had 2 girls helping me this weekend to build the boat.
One even brought a flour-grinder to make home made porridge for breakfast.
I have finsihed plank 13. 3 more to go.

旧帖 2009-11-03 11:07:59
Post #39

begun 离线 begun
TSUNAM1 wrote:
NICE WORK.aluminium BETTER OR FIBER GLASS?

Fiber glass is better when the boat size is small (about 10m). Aluminium have an obvious advantage  if LOA above 30m.
But they have different technics. Some people is good at metal working , another like making fiber glass...
begun 于 2009-11-03 11:24:21 编辑

旧帖 2009-11-04 04:40:15
Post #40

zeyang 离线 zeyang Aluminium is much stronger than fiberglass and not so heavy as metal, so its almost a dream choice for a sailboat. Only drawback is price. Aluminum is not exactly cheap material. The price of today is around 30 rmb/kg.

旧帖 2009-11-04 16:28:26
Post #41

Trawler 离线 Trawler
zeyang wrote:
Aluminium is much stronger than fiberglass and not so heavy as metal, so its almost a dream choice for a sailboat. Only drawback is price. Aluminum is not exactly cheap material. The price of today is around 30 rmb/kg.

You are lucky guy. big smile

There are many different materials avialble for boat building this days. Each material has it's advantage and disadvantage.   I think Zeyang you probally did lot of research before decided use aluminum.

From my own opinion.  Steel would be a better choice than aluminium.  Since weight is not an issue for cruising sailboat.  

You must pay more attention to your electrical system when you build a metal boat. Especially an aluminium boat. Galvanic corrosion can make a hole in the hull very quick. Must use isolation transformer when plug in A/C shore power.

旧帖 2009-11-05 19:18:27
Post #42

zeyang 离线 zeyang
Trawler wrote:

There are many different materials avialble for boat building this days. Each material has it's advantage and disadvantage.   I think Zeyang you probally did lot of research before decided use aluminum.

From my own opinion.  Steel would be a better choice than aluminium.  Since weight is not an issue for cruising sailboat.  

You must pay more attention to your electrical system when you build a metal boat. Especially an aluminium boat. Galvanic corrosion can make a hole in the hull very quick. Must use isolation transformer when plug in A/C shore power.

I agree. steel could be an option. there is two reason why i didnt choose.
1. its heavy to work with. Im mostly alone so I need means to carry it and need more heavy cutting tools than i use (i use ordinary woodworking tools)
2. steel rust. it you dont spend time protect scratches your boat will look like an old russian oil-tanker. i dont even need to paint it.

when it comes to  corrosion. this will be taken care of. i will try to keep electricity to a minimum anyway. a battery and 2 wires up to the navigation lights :-) Ok, not so simple but not far away either.  there is plenty of boats using aluminium these days anyway.
cost is the biggest drawback. building it in steel will probably be 1/3 of the cost.

zeyang
one life, live it.

旧帖 2009-11-06 06:04:08
Post #43

zeyang 离线 zeyang
Trawler wrote:

Thanks for compliment. I have been thinking and dreaming about boatbuilding 24 hours a day last  3 years.  :-)
When you start dreaming about sailing to the end of the world, there is no cure for such addiction hehe

zeyang,
one life, live it

旧帖 2009-11-11 06:33:34
Post #44

david 离线 david 又一次感到,我们跟外国的差距不是一般的大啊,我想有这种想法的中国人不少,但能实现的基本没看到。

旧帖 2009-11-13 04:33:41
Post #45

zeyang 离线 zeyang 2 planks left.

zeyang

旧帖 2009-11-13 10:21:20
Post #46

mxmfly 离线 mxmfly seems will complete the hull soon~
cheers!

京津冀皮划艇联盟QQ群164912083

旧帖 2009-11-13 11:05:40
Post #47

begun 离线 begun
zeyang wrote:
2 planks left.

zeyang

Can you use steel ballast, not Lead?

It is better I think, though lead ballast have  small obstruction. But your boat is not  high speed.
Steel ballast is low-cost and supply strength, and it is environmental and nontoxic for oceans.

In structure, you can cut some  steel board as keel shape and set them into original aluminum keel.

Certainly it has electrolytic corrosion, but Lead  too. Use resin insulate the steel and aluminum.

旧帖 2009-11-13 19:03:40
Post #48

zeyang 离线 zeyang
begun wrote:
Can you use steel ballast, not Lead?

It is better I think, though lead ballast have  small obstruction. But your boat is not  high speed.
Steel ballast is low-cost and supply strength, and it is environmental and nontoxic for oceans.

In structure, you can cut some  steel board as keel shape and set them into original aluminum keel.

Certainly it has electrolytic corrosion, but Lead  too. Use resin insulate the steel and aluminum.

Problem with steel is, i cant form it myself in  different shapes.  I will make lead ingots in square shape stacked on top of eachother. (weight around 20 kg each)  Reason for using small ingots is. If for some reason i get stranded somehwere, i can easily take them out to make the boat less heavy in emergency.

The lead will never be in contact with ocean so environmental it will no problem. (its inside the keelbox)
Originally this boat has steel-ballast formed as the keel on outside. Fastened with bolts to the wood hull.

Zeyang

旧帖 2009-11-13 19:34:29
Post #49

zeyang 离线 zeyang
david wrote:
又一次感到,我们跟外国的差距不是一般的大啊,我想有这种想法的中国人不少,但能实现的基本没看到。

呵呵,很感谢你的回复。我理解中国人要把大部分的时间和精力花费在谋生上,但是拥有
梦想是一样可以的。我也不富有,只是一个中产阶级的农场主,希望能航海回到中国。
如果你不能自己造船,你可以加入我的航海旅行,会有许多的来自欧洲的朋友参加,可以
进行长期或者短期旅行。航海是很经济的旅行方式,你把房子带在身边,可以有自己的厨
房和床。而且风是免费的,所以基本上大部分的花费就是坐飞机到船的所在地和坐飞机回
到中国的路费。

zeyang

旧帖 2009-11-18 02:42:15
Post #50

大祁★船长 离线 大祁★船长

smile中国古人曾在世界船舶史上留下长久浓重的彩绘~smile随着中国经济的发展,中国人的目光将再次放眼海洋。别急,中国正在进入这个阶段~.....~如果您没建立自信就回到历史中寻找吧smile开始干吧朋友们big smile不过大祁认可一句话“物质是一切的基础哦”cool

旧帖 2009-12-02 12:48:03
Post #51

瓜呱呱呱 离线 瓜呱呱呱
zeyang wrote:
2 planks left.

zeyang

Sorry ,i have not been here for such a long time coz  I forgot my passwork but fortunately found it today .
Guy , you really have had a big progress . The boat is almost in its shape . Congratulations !
Hope everything is fine with you . Regards to you all !

航海日志--记录一个老外的航海世界
第一步进行时:造船
第二步进行时:船员招募中
http://blog.sina.com.cn/gosailingba

旧帖 2009-12-02 15:53:52
Post #52

天海风 离线 天海风 you are great!
you can achieve a miracles!

欢迎喜欢水上运动爱好者的加入。